I'm a Cheereoger

Cheeregoers Singapore Fan Club

Tuesday, July 01, 2014

11/20, 阅读计划 2014 - Before I die ~ Jenny Downham

“I wish I had a boyfriend. I wish he lived in the wardrobe on a coat hanger. Whenever I wanted, I could get him out and he'd look at me the way boys do in films, as if I'm beautiful.” 

Tessa has cancer. Tessa is dying. Tessa has a list, one that evolves and change. The relationships with the father, the mother that left for another person, the brother, the best friend and the boy.

It's not exactly heartbreaking, it's sad, definitely yet there's this ambivalence. The accounts of Tessa's last days were fleeting, you feel you're drifting in and out with her.

Knowing how unpredictable life is yet I'm not incline to think about what I want to do before it happen. I think I have a rough idea, the people I want to see the most, the words I want to say to them. I decided I want to be the last to go. 



No comments:

Viwawa

Viwawa
I am a Viwawa player!